Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Review: the Hitachi Magic Wand vibrator

The Toy
For months and months I have been craving and lusting after the Hitachi magic wand. And why not? It's a powerhouse vibrator; and I do love a good vibrator. The comments I see from women on twitter and some pictures I've seen on tumblr made the need all the more acute. I NEEDED to try out this toy. I accumulated a few Amazon gift cards and purchased it as a gift for myself... and the boyfriend, really. As always, its a toy I planned on using on both of us. What fun is a toy that has a single use? We can always find a way to use it on both of us.

It arrived while I was at work and I opened it at once. It was a bit heavier than I expected. I cleaned it off with an antibacterial wipe; since it is an electric item, I did not want to use any water on it. The head of the toy is made of vinyl that has a slightly textured surface, not smooth as I anticipated. The head is attached to the long handle with a narrow attachment that does have some slight flex to it. The handle is long with a button that has a low/high setting. The weight of this item allows it to have a good pressure against my body, but holding it for periods of time longer than 10 minutes really makes my hands and arms tired. The cord is long enough to plug in next to my bed and use in the center of my king-sized mattress.

There are many attachments for this toy, but I do not (yet) own any.

The Sex (for her)
It's hard NOT to orgasm quickly with this item. When I first turned this on low, I was shocked how strong the vibrations were - I could feel them not in my clit but my pussy lips, my mons veneris, my vagina, and throughout my pelvis. They were so strong that I could not isolate my clitoral sensation over the pleasure that was spreading over pussy. This was a very new experience for me; I'm not used to being overwhelmed like this. It took a minute or two to adjust myself to it. I didn't need a lot of pressure to feel my orgasm building - everywhere (although that certainly felt so good if I did do that). It was only a couple of minutes before my orgasm hit.

I'm not used to an orgasm coming from my whole pussy; not just a "clit orgasm" or "g-spot orgasm" or "vaginal orgasm." It wasn't either one but a kind of blend of the three, I think. It was intense. The boyfriend was shocked at how fast it happened. I took the Hitachi off of me for a few seconds to recover, but I wanted more.

Back onto my pussy, this time spreading my pussy lips wide so the Hitachi could directly touch my clit. The problem was - the head of this vibrator is so big that while it touches my clit, it is still touching so many other parts of me! The power and stimulation on my clit was a strong, rumbly vibration. There was no end to the strength of the vibrations; it felt like the vibrations ran through my pussy in neverending waves of pleasure. The overpowering feeling was almost too much, and yet not enough. My pussy was confused at how intense it all was.

I switched it onto high, and let it rest against my clit again. It felt easily three times more powerful than the low setting and made me practically scream out. I moved it around my pussy, holding it just outside my vagina. I could feel the vibes running up my vagina several inches; it was a wonderful feeling. Eventually my second orgasm did come, and boy was it a good one.

Another time, I started playing with the Hitachi, and the boyfriend was jacking off. I came once, quickly, and wanted dick in me. Now. So he got on top and pinned the Hitachi between us. His thrusting kept it on my clit, and the force of his fucking pushed me me over the edge again so quickly. He could feel the vibrations in his penis through his pelvis. Having him push it into me made the clit vibrations very noticeable while his dick stimulated my vagina. I had three orgasms and from the second one until he was done I was screaming and unable to control my body! It was very satisfying; I considered myself well fucked for the day... so much so, that I didn't want sex later that night.

The Sex (for him)
I've used this vibrator on him a couple of times. I tried using this on his cock, but the vibrations didn't do anything for him. I also used it on his balls and while it felt good, that's about the extent of his pleasure. It isn't an orgasm aid that way.

However, how it does feel good for him as an anal stimulation device. I've used this two ways. First, while plugged, I put the Hitachi on the base of the butt plug and let the vibrations travel through his ass. I alternated this with jacking off his dick and spanking him. The Hitachi was pleasurable, but not earth-shattering.

The other time I used this was the Hitachi itself up against his bare asshole as he jacked himself off. I started on low, and the strength of the vibrations surprised him; he couldn't believe it was low. He could feel the rumble of the vibes spreading up to his prostate just on low; I flipped it onto high once I saw his orgasm was getting closer; he loved the vibrations spreading through his ass. He came spurting extra hard.

The Judgement
Overall, I'd give this toy a 3/5. While this toy is excellent for masturbation and a quick orgasm, it can easily overpower you and, for me, make it harder to cum. The vibrations almost make my pussy go numb if I use it too long. Being numb from vibrations makes it really hard to orgasm. I've heard of buying a dimmer switch which can help me control the vibrations and really improve my experience.

I'd also like to get some of the attachments for targeted G-spot stimulation. That is really where I think this toy will shine.

3 comments:

  1. A perfect description of the toy! I'm glad to know its not just me that needs to push so hard but then gets sore. I do think its fun though. Just not useable all the time!

    Also, it is really great on the back muscles...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great read for both of us. We've never used a Hitachi, though we've long been intrigued by them. We certainly don't feel as if we need one, given the wealth of vibrators and other sex toys we own and use with regularity. But given all we've read about them through blogging - especially, as you say, the fact that the sensations can be felt everywhere, not just the clitoris - we'd certainly like to try it out sometime. We are more than aware that prolonged stimulation of this type will result in numbness, using a Hitachi has nonetheless been added to our bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dimmer switch? To control the intensity of the vibrator? That's a very creative idea!

    ReplyDelete